Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rested

After the Memorial service I went home and slept. My baby girl, Teri, stayed with me. I woke up around 7 p.m. I was heartened to hear all the wonderful memories you hold of my Sweetie. Some are laugh-out-loud funny. I took the opportunity to read the ones written in the Green Memory Book provided by my precious daughter-in-law Anne.

I was also heartened to hear of the many expressions of love and respect you held for him. He truly was my hero. I considered it a privilege to be married to such a giving man. Thank you for your comments.

I know that many of you did not have the opportunity to share a memory yet. I would appreciate it if you would write it out and I will put it in the book at a future time. Perhaps this may sound silly to you but I, once again, am reminded how he touched so much lives. They warm my heart especially the funny ones.

I plan on going to my meeting tomorrow morning early at 9:00 a.m. I recall how hard it was for him to get to that 9:00 meeting after the cancer matastasized. Even getting up at 7 am, he barely got ready in time. I would fix him something to eat on the way and then we just barely made it. The cancer sapped his strength and diminished his appetite. He could not stand for any length of time so even to shave in the morning required he sit on a stool in the bathroom. To put shoes on were impossible and the sox not much easier. I even combed his hair for him.

I never had to pick out his clothes. He always knew what he wanted to wear. He must have thought of it in advance. Some friends asked on time if I picked out his suits and ties. No. He had a much been eye for color and style than I did. I was a country girl and was happier in jeans and plaid shirts.

Well, goodbye for now. Enjoy each day with your loved ones, never forget to tell them how much they mean to you. If you don't know about Jehovah, find out of Him and his purposes. Love you all. Barb

3 comments:

  1. Good night friend...hope you sleep well and we'll see you at 9am........

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope you are feeling better today and that you enjoyed your meeting. You may never know how much your strength encourages all of us. Enjoy this last cool day before it really heats up again! Love to you from all of the Kosinski's xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sister Baty,

    Glad you are feeling more rested. The out pouring of love and concern for you and your family was wonderful to see at Don's memorial.

    Please take care and keep on blogging.

    Love,

    Carol Lardie

    ReplyDelete