Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Good Morning Dear Ones

I slept well last night. I thought I would have a hard time sleeping alone but I didn't. I am thankful for that because I know I need my sleep to continue on. My cough is better and my throat is not as sore so I am feeling better.

I look forward to/dread the memorial for Don. I know that "it is better to go to the house of mourning than a banquet house" so I can take to heart the lessons I just learned.

I already did learn many lessons. One is to not delay telling your loved ones how special they are to you because you may not get another chance. I learned, again, how much I loved my Don. I learned how much He and I are loved. I learned the price of love. I learned the bitterness and pain of watching a loved one suffer so much that you would rejoice at their death.

So, dear ones, I know you won't forget me. I also know that Jehovah will never forget me or Don. I know He will give me His strength even more to carry on with the rest of my life, knowing that I now carry Don's torch.

I Love You All, Barb

6 comments:

  1. My Dearest Aunt Barb...There are no words to tell you just how much you mean to me...I am so blessed, thank you for loving me and for all that you have done and do...You and Uncle Don are such wonderful role models and guardians of the family...Keep blogging, it is very comforting for us to share in your journey...You have always been a great story teller and keeper of memories...Thank God for you (and your camera)...I Love You, Suzie

    PS Hugs and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's me
    Barb, When we went to Margret's memorial, Don sent someone in the back to get a booklet. He handed it to me and said "this is for you". I was just in my car, on the side of the seat I picked up that booklet, "When Someone You Love Dies". That's the way he was, always taking care of us and preparing us. This morning has been difficult, but this was God's way of showing me Don's love. What is going to get us through this time, is God's love, and His gentle reminders that Don loved us. It saddens me to think there are people that have never felt this shared love. The pain we feel is the cost of loving and being loved so much. Much love my sister, ME

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course we won't forget you! Remember we need you...still can't read territory cards without you!! It will be our pleasure to continue to have you as part of our family....thru eternity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Barb,

    Look at today as another avenue to help you grieve as we all review the Bible's promises together about the resurrection. Remember you will be getting a lot of hugs and support from your family and friends as we remember Don together.

    Love ,

    Carol Lardie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Barbara - we hope that Don's memorial was spiritually encouraging and comforting to you and to the family and friends. Hope you were able to share some precious good memories with each other and find it uplifting.
    Love you
    Paul and Laura (W)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Barb,

    While Rachel and I could not be there today, you are in our prayers and thoughts. Br. Baty did so much for me personally and I will never forget that. Both Rachel and I treasure the fact that he was able to give our wedding talk.

    We pray that you feel better and with strength from Jah and the friends strong support, you will no doubt continue on serving Jah strongly-like you always have. We miss you and send you our love!!!

    Love,
    Erik & Rachel Jayne

    ReplyDelete