Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Friday, August 6, 2010

Resting and Healing

I went to the Doctor's office today and got an antibiotic for a throat, ear and chest infection. My immunity must be compromised. My sister, Betty, went with me. I slept most of the afternoon. I am breathing a little better now.

For the first time, I wanted share a funny tidbit with Don and could not. It seems so strange as is a part of me is missing. I have heard that phrase before but now know the depth of that part of the loss: My Life's Companion. Lover, Jokester and sounding board.

I am sure you are getting bored reading of my day to day life. I don't know how soon it is appropriate to close this site out, but it has been a wonderful cathartic.

I love you, my friends. I can feel yours and Jehovah's love as I struggle to set up a new routine for my life. Don was a strong force in my life and, while he didn't make all the decisions as to our direction, he and I planned together.

Now, just call me the Lone Planner without a horse called Trigger. Oh, My, did I date myself?

With love, Barb

9 comments:

  1. Larissa A. KakasenkoAugust 6, 2010 at 9:18 PM

    For the record....I think that you should keep the blog up as long as you want....Maybe even forever....I love you and I will see you tomorrow =)

    ~Papa's SweetHeart~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Baty please do keep blogging I love reading your thoughts! One of my favorite Don-isms when we came in late and or sleepy to Tuesday morning service was "mattress have arms this morning?" You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Love you, Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still here Barbara and still interested - keep blogging - as long as you feel it is beneficial for you. It is beneficial for us too.
    Love you
    Laura (W)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness! Forgot to say Hope you'll be over the infection soon!!
    Huggs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sister Baty,

    I second Larissa's comment I also think you should blogg as long as you want!!!

    What you are doing right now is grieving and if this is helping you to feel better, then please continue. We all love you and want you to heal as best as you can with the loss of "the love of your life".

    I think the best way all of us can honor Don's memory is to comfort his beloved wife and help her cope with her loss.

    Soooooo blogg on!!!! I will keep checking in as long as the site is up.

    Love,

    Carol Lardie (smiles)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna/Alex TavoularisAugust 7, 2010 at 6:13 AM

    I hope you feel better from your infection soon! That sounds awful. I 4th everyone else's comments too. I would never get tired of reading your thoughts and stories. I love you :)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. sister Baty, i read your blog everyday.i get encourage & strength from it.i know don has won his race and slapped satan with his victory.being able to read your thought or feeling for the day makes me feel like a close friend.watching you go through this breaks my heart.. .. . but it sure gives me pleasure to see you stand with dignity& grace in time of sorrow. because it makes me feel that i to can overcome life ups& downs.whatever you decide to do with the blog you still will be in my thoughts&prayers. love you every much Anissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has become a standard in our home. That is: "Check the blog!" We love it and enjoy your sentiments and perspective WAY more than you know.....XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sister Baty, We all hope you feel better soon. It's common to get ill after a stressful situtation ends, which seems weird, doesn't it? Take good care of yourself with lots of rest and let us all give you some TLC. And keep bloggin, like everyone else says! We love being able to check in withyou this way! Hugs and kisses! Amy and gang

    ReplyDelete