Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Final Farewell

I said goodbye to my Sweetie today. I hope to live a number of years yet so that my children will not be orphans. I remember when my Mother died and I was now effectively an orphan. It was a strange and sad thought. The ones who had nurtured and taught me many of life's lesson would be there not more to share my life.

I, like Don, firmly believe in the Bible's promises. I have faith based on those promises that someday I will see Don again and can hold his hand in the Paradise.

I recall the last time we heard our song together. Son-in-law Jack had turned on the music channel on TV and they were playing our song : Unchained Melody. We fell in love to the voice of Al Hibler singing it. "I need your love, God speed your love to me." I went over to the couch where Don was laying and hugged him. He put out his arm as if to dance. He held me for a while. Sweet!!!!!

I am bone tired now and I am going to take a nap. I know it is a different kind of sleep than he is in because I will wake up again soon. I will have to wait until Jesus removes the corrupt governments that stand in opposition to God's Kingdom and bring peace to the earth, at last.

My heart will yearn for him until then. Until then I plan on serving Jehovah who taught me how to truly love.

Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts. Pray for our family and friends in their time of grief. We loved a lot and we lost a lot. But, then again, that is the price of Love. Barb

5 comments:

  1. Dear Sister Baty, Your strength has been incredible...it shows that you have learned to accomplish all that Proverbs 31 says a capable wife will do. We'll all be here for your support in the days, weeks, months, years ahead. A brother once said regarding hospitality, that while we all have the obligation to extend it, it is also an obligation to ACCEPT it so that we allow our brothers and sisters to fulfill their duty. So you be sure to let us lend a hand, it's only fair now, since you both have helped so many. Now it's your turn to experience the love you've given. We hope you'll be walking with us all right on into that new system so that you can be the eyes and ears for Bro. Baty...I'm sure he'll want to know everything he missed. We pray it won't be long til you have that joy. We love you very much!
    Hugs,
    The Kosinski's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Ellen Nicke wrote...

    Dear Barbara:
    Our Thoughts and Prayers continue to be with you and your family at this time. Tom and I look forward to seeing you and your family this weekend.

    Thank you once again, for sharing your thoughts and sentiments on your husband Don. know that you are truly loved by us all here. And as far as Don is concerned; he will always have a special place in all our hearts. He will always be loved, and greatly missed. But we look forward to seeing him again.

    Take good care of yourself Barb. WE Love you very much!

    Tom & Mary Nicke & Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my friend....even though today was hard and we were supposed to make it easier for you, you once again helped us. Your faith oozed out of you and your peace from Jehovah glowed in you. I hope to be half the strong spiritual woman you are. We are proud to be part of your family and to share your love....we just came in the house, thought it would be a good day to plant our passion flower vine you gave to us. We'll nuture it and love it and watch it grow...then soon we can bring Br. Baty over and show him how it has grown...love you from the bottom of our hearts.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larissa A. KakasenkoAugust 4, 2010 at 10:55 PM

    I love you Grandma and I look forward to seeing you and the rest of the family tomorrow. You are so strong and I think the world of you.

    Love,
    <3 Papa's Sweetheart <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you Barbara. You're in our hearts every day.
    Paul and Laura (W)

    ReplyDelete