Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Waiting and Praying

We wait and pray and hug. The family is solid in their determination to do everything possible to ease My Sweetie into the sleep that the Bible speaks of with sorrow. His pulse is steady and his breathing is labored. His pulse is speeding up as his breathing is getting weaker.

I will greet this death as a welcome intruder because the Don will be at peace finally. It has been a real struggle for him. We know that he is still aware because when Tim Burke was over and said a prayer, Don lifted this other hand up and put it over Tim's hand.

I slept a few hours today and did several family members so that we can continue to hold his hand though we know that Jehovah is holding his hand as Isaiah 41:10 says. I think of the 23rd Psalm at a time like this about walking in the shadow of death and not being alone. We know that Jehovah as the Great Shepherd and Jesus as the Under Shepherd have hold of him to comfort him and make the unbearable bearable. I know that is why I am able to bear it also.

The entire family is yet keeping the vigil. The Karmanos nurse says that because his heart and lungs are so strong, it may take another couple of days. We pray for strength so us older ones can endure this.

All my love, Barb

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Barb: Jehovah is truly giving to you and your family the power that is described at Isaiah 40:29-31: "He is giving to the tired one power; and to the one without dynamic energy he makes full might abound...those hoping in Jehovah will regain power." You and Don have always hoped in Jehovah. Our faithful Heavenly Father will remember and reward your endurance. Love, Mike & Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that the brothers are praying with Don. If he is conscious even briefly for the prayers it will be a spiritual comfort to him. I remember his expressions of appreciation for the brothers during our visit.

    Don is no doubt also drawing so much comfort in having his family at his side. Be assured that you ARE making it more bearable for him. Love is strong - it bears all things, hopes all things and endures all things - and it never fails. That he is surrounded by such love is evident.

    We are asking Jehovah to give you the power beyond what is normal (2Cor 4:7) so that you can bear this trial.

    Love you
    Laura (W.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wiers...

    Dearest Sister Baty,
    We find it very difficult to put our emotions into words at this time. You must know how much you and Don mean to us. It's as is stated in 1 Corinthians 12:26 " that when one member of the body suffers all other members suffer with it. Please know that you are in our prayers constantly with supplication and tears. May Jehovah continue to comfort you and your family.

    Numbers 6: 24-26
    Agape Love

    Stan, Shirley, Harry, Janice and Sean

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hope you feel enveloped with the love of the congregation and all your friends...at the meeting today, everyone was thinking of you both and wishing you both were there. When Br Baty and I spoke a while ago, I told him I'd never say good bye, just "meet you there". Tell my friend how much we love him and we'll see him "there". I haven't seen Don Jr. since the day at Karmanos, so please give him a big hug and kiss from me and the kids...we love you dear friend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. After an emotional day, I can finally post a comment. I love papa very much and realized today more than ever that with him a piece of me will be dying also. I am so blessed to have had him this long, I do know that for sure. However, it is still a bitter pill to swallow so to speak. I will miss my papa very much he means the world to me and always will forever. I told him today that I will speak of my memories with him and Grandma FONDLY with my own children. I am saddened that papa won't be around to meet his great grandchildren but like grandma told me today she will be able to give them enough love for BOTH herself and papa.
    ~Larissa/Papa's Sweetheart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Barbara, Reading the outpouring of love & concern for you & the family, there is little left to be said. My heart & prayers go out to you at all hours of the day & nite. If you find the need to talk & don't want to wake anyone, please call. My hours are not regular & the line will always be open for you. Love, Phyllis

    ReplyDelete