Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Moving On

I am still cleaning up the house after the times of neglect and more important things to do. I still have my grandson's air mattress and other momentoes of the time so much of the family camped out here. They took care of both of us.

I stopped by the funeral home and picked up additional thank you cards and memorial cards. I keep running out. My cup truly runs over. I am tackling all the thank you cards and am making progress. I need to personally thank all my loved ones for their support and prayers. I will fill all of them out before I mail them, probably by next weekend. I stopped working on them to prepare for the District Convention in Toledo, Ohio, this weekend.

I just received a call from Anne and Elana. They are planning on staying with me for Friday and Saturday night. Their DC was while David (of Colorado) was back in Michigan. They stayed at their house so even one day was out of the question.

I am planning on signing up for auxiliary pioneer for September with a higher goal in mind for the future. I will look for Jehovah's blessing on my plans.

I finished cleaning my living room today. After the weekend, I will tackle the basement laundry room which has become the catchall place. Thank you for your continued expressions. They warm my heart. I love you, Barb

4 comments:

  1. I hope all goes well in September with auxiliary pioneering! We've been doing it as a family since Spring and it's been so wonderful. And the convention is just the thing to encourage that too. It made us fill out our applications to start regular in Sept!
    We love you so much :)
    Donna Tavoularis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my sweet friend...we just got in from the ministry...Alexis and I have bible studies lined up from noon until 4 on Thursdays...its busy but a good busy. We have seven bible studies all together and the kids will still be Auxillary in September, so feel free to join us on any that you like...two of them are Catholics and are ready to give it up, you would be great with them! Can't wait for the weekend to start tomorrow and to see your smiling face with us in Toledo!! See you in the morning and try to get some rest...I'll miss doing "Emergency" clean up with Don!!(HA!!) He never made me clean up anything gross, he always said "just come sit with me at the table"...good times!! Love you sis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sister Baty,

    Sounds like you are you are coping very well, your "Sweetie" would be proud of you:) You will really enjoy the convention. This one was just what I needed!!! I can see how the brothers are really encouraging us to stay close to Jehovah and help one another. Glad to hear of your goal for Auxillary Pioneering in Sept. and I am glad you are choosing to keep the blog.

    Love you,

    Carol L

    ReplyDelete