Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cleaning Up

I almost felt back to normal (minus my other half). I went out for a walk at 7 then got showered and dressed and went out with some friends to deliver invitations to the upcoming District Convention in Toledo this weekend. This is the second time I was able to get out in this special work. It felt good.

I did some cleaning this afternoon so that my kitchen is almost back to normal. Don was going to cut some extra carpeting for a piece of rug by the back door but never got strong enough to do it so I tackled it. I found a cutting tool and started in the back of the carpeting. It did not seem to make a dent, just a scratch. After working about ten minutes, I noticed there was no blade in the cutter. I went back in the garage and found a cutter with a razor blade in it and this time it went pretty smooth. I almost got it straight. Chanya Hasan came into my driveway while I was out cutting the carpeting and she hollered: Sister Baty, What are you doing? I told her. She asked me how old I was. I said 71. She thought it was great that I was trying to do it. I thought it was pretty dumb that I hadn't notice that there was no blade. At least I know where to find it next time I have a little project.

I am working on sorting out all the cards and flowers I received. I need to send notes of appreciation to all the wonderful people who showed their love for Don and I. I just know I will forget someone so please forgive me if it is you.

Good night. I had a busy day and some laughs out in service. Tomorrow will have its own anxieties. Hopefully some laughter along with it.

Barb

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara:
    I really enjoy your blog and hope you will continue with it. i enjoy reading and knowing what you are doing each day and the encouraging comments you receive from others, because not only is it bringing encouragement to you, but I am also receiving encouragement from the dear friends that are writing in. Especially the messages that come from you. Just by reading your letters Barb, you are giving me and others encouragement and strength. Let me tell you; I just love it, because I am learning a lot from you! Keep up the good work, and continue with your letters.

    Tom and I came home to Maryland last night, and now I am getting ready to leave for the District Convention to Toledo on Thursday. I will be joining Kelly and my brother Gary, and many friends I am anxious to see. Unfortunately; Hubby will not be able to join me at this convention. But I look forward to sitting with my daughter and other family members who will be joining us. Despite everything you have been through during the Summer Barb, did you get the chance to attend the Convention at all? In case you haven't, there are CD's to listen to for those who weren't able to attend. It's pretty encouraging to sit in the privacy of your own home to listen to the program. Of course; it's not the same as actually attending and being among the fellowship of friends. But this is the next best thing for receiving Spiritual Nourishment. I hope you will be able to take the time to listen to the Program if you have not already attended.

    It was good to see and meet some of your Family members at the Memorial for Don. You have a beautiful family. I'm glad you are keeping busy and enjoying your walks and flowers each day.

    Take care Barb, and I look forward to checking your blog again tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.

    Much Love to you;
    Mary Nicke

    PS Are you really 71? I wouldn't believe it! I was shocked to find out that Don was 73. Time has a way for flying by quickly doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Sister Baty! I'm so glad you are all arranged for your convention. I know you will enjoy it. I don't know if it will be mentioned at your convention, but at ours a Bethel speaker was talking about Sister Jaracz and how she has been doing since Brother Jaracz died. I think you might find it encouraging, so I'll mention here: He talked about how she was, of course, very sad, but "will be fine", because she knows there is still work to do and of the wonderful hope she and Bro. Jaracz have. He added that she won't stop living and serving Jehovah, despite the change in her circumstances, because her faith will keep her active. As I think back on that comment, I think of you and I am so moved by your spirit. The only way to go is forward! To sit still or to hide, will not help, it's a fact we see personally here with Aunt Lilly each day and it is so heart-breaking to see someone just stop. So it makes me so very happy to see you moving forward. I know it's not easy, and of course you'll have moments when you are overcome with grief, but to see you grasp on to Jehovah and to stay positive is so refreshing and strengthening. Keep going, keep learning...we'll all be there to lend a hand when the job is more than you can tackle! We love you very much! Have a wonderful convention!
    Harvey, Amy, Caleb, Abbey, Maddie Rose, Olivia

    ReplyDelete