Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Monday, August 9, 2010

Completion

This is the last time I will write on this blog. I really appreciated the opportunity to chronicle Don's last days and his struggles. The outpouring of love and prayers was very heartwarming. His life is over for now but his memory will live on to inspire. Even with the sadness came much joy and tenderness. There is so much of him in our yard, house, family and congregation that I now know how he can be alive in Jehovah's memory. How could I forget his tenderness? How could I forget "the face" he gave me to steer me right? How could I forget his love for the truth? How could I forget his quip "You have to look yourself in the mirror every day? How could I forget his love and devotion? How could I forget his unselfish interest in me and others? How could I forget his work ethic? How could I forget his deep compassion? How could I forget his sense of humor? How could I forget his old socks (I've got socks older than you)? How could I forget his deep love for his God, Jehovah? I insisted that Jehovah should come before me. It did!!!

Well, dear loved ones. I am going to start up a blog on Facebook to keep up with everyone. I have learned to love being in such close contact with all of you on an almost daily basis. Access it if you have the time. If not, I understand. I know the dangers of Facebook: taking large amounts of time that could be better spent constructively; getting too involved in others' lives; etc. I intent to use it responsibly to keep in touch and work out my day to day life.

Keep me in your prayers for the struggle ahead for me.

I say goodbye for now. I'll think of you all who have corresponded with me this way. I hope the closeness that I feel to all of you will continue. I will be there for your struggles, now and in the future.

Don's Barbie Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment