Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Monday, August 16, 2010

Going On With Life With a Smile

I returned last night from Toledo, Ohio, where I attended the JW Convention. It was a three day high as it usually is. I wasn't sure how I would do. Anne Kimberly and Elana stayed with me Friday night and Saturday night because they missed their convention when David and Donna were home to see Dad and I.I found out how it felt to sleep triple in a King Sized Bed. I have already read one of the releases that deals with "The Origins of Life: 5 questions worth asking". I loved it because of the break down of the DNA among other reasoning. Amazing!!!! Science proves creation to me.

I was very tired this morning as is normal after a convention. But I was emotionally strong because of all the good counsel and love given to me. One point that I will put into practice is the comment referring to losing a loved one in death: Mourn but do not let sorrow distract you from the important task that all Christians have this day...that is: declaring the Good News as stated in Matthew 24:14.

Last night when I arrived home from Toledo, there were a teddy bear and vase of flowers on my kitchen table. Beautiful golden roses smiled at me from the vase. Friend Jenny had sent them. What a warm fuzzy!!!

I started my day a little later with a glimpse of Don's flowers outside my bedroom window. They said to me: "Good Morning, Sweetheart". There are some huge white cosmos around the patio. The burgundy hibiscus is still ablaze. The cone flowers need some deadheading. (Tomorrow's job)

I then went for a morning walk although, for the first time, I had to push myself. Teri stopped over at lunchtime. I have unpacked and put most of the things away so this afternoon's joy is to work on the Thank You cards. How can I put into words my thankfulness for all the kind deeds that have been extended to me? Words seem inadequate but I will try.

My throat is sore again as are my ears. My eyes burn. My chronic bronchitis is acting up again: I am whooping, but I am eating fruit for the vitamin C. I am drinking lots of fluids. Hopefully, I can avoid going to the doctor again.

All my love, Thanks for checking on me. Barb

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had an incredible three days at your DC. Keep getting your rest and exercise and the vitamin C - hopefully that will help with the bronchitis!

    As I tend the plants you and Don sent home with us in June - I think of your garden. :)

    Love you dear friend and hope you will get over your cough soon.
    Laura (W)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna/Alex TavoularisAugust 17, 2010 at 8:35 AM

    I'm glad you enjoyed your convention. Hope you feel better soon. Don't push yourself to much and get sicker :(
    Much love,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barb:
    I'm glad you made it back home safe and sound from attending the Convention in Toledo. It was good to see you again and also Jack and Ann.

    Kelly and I stayed one more night on Sunday at the Hilton, and checked out on Monday to head back home to Maryland. Kelly is out here visiting us then will return to Michigan at the end of the month.

    I'm sorry you have been so sick with Chronic Bronchitis. I hope you take some time from your busy schedule to rest. Hope you feel better soon!

    Love to you and your family;

    -Mary and Kelly Nicke

    ReplyDelete