Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tender Moments

Yes, I am building more tender moments with my Sweetheart. Most of the time he makes sense but last night he insisted he wanted two flowers. He emphatically lifted up two fingers and stared at me. It was dark outside but I turned the outside lights on and went and got a pink cosmos and a yellow cone flower. I came in and handed them to him. He looked at them and pointed toward a flower terrarium on his dresser and I figured he wanted me to add those to the flowers already there. I'm not sure what that was about but that satisfied him.

He was outside in his yard for fifteen minutes in the afternoon then he asked to be taken back in. His back hurts if he sits up too long. Son-in-law Dan took him out in his wheelchair. He looked around and asked to be moved several time. I guess to change the angle of viewing. For anyone who has not seen our backyard, it is all Don's design and most of his work. I am mainly the weeder and transplanter. He is getting ready for the Paradise by having a piece of it now in our backyard.

He slept well last night. The increase in his medication is working. His pain level is tolerable.

Hopefully, we will make more sweet memories today. Barb

8 comments:

  1. Mom, words cannot grasp how we all feel for both Dad & you(& us). You're both too young for this. We're all being cheated out of at least an additional decade with Dad. Not fair.

    Hearts/minds much astir in Auburn Hills...See you soon...Dad likes his music on(@low volume)...

    Jack & Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you daddy......Grandma I couldn't agree more.....Your backyard is a PARADISE. I look forward to a time where I can see him again healthy and PAIN free.....Tell him I love him and give him a hug and kiss for me. Mom and I will be there @ 430pm.

    Love Always,
    Larissa (Papa's Sweetheart)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna/Alex TavoularisJuly 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM

    Please tell him we love him and give him hugs and kisses from the boys and us. We're looking forward to Matty meeting him and Nugget to seeing him again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again friends...we had another nice day in the ministry. there was 15 out from north, 17 from west and 15 from central. We had Sister Forte with us and had a great day...we did three big streets and even though it was sticky and hot, no one wanted to quit! Tell our buddy that we love working in his garden and thanks for letting us help take care of it!! He is a great designer and with his help, we can't wait to clean up the earth....love you both more than you know....Jen, Alexis and Zach :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening! We hope your day continued to go well! I just wanted to pass along love from Betsy and Ava and from my mom as well, if I don't be sure to send their love and hugs, I'll really catch heck. So please know that they are thinking of you both too! Kisses and hugs!
    Amy and the gang

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don and Barb this was written as a tribute to your love for one another.

    Love's golden cord

    Our life as one began like dawn
    aglow with hope and passion.
    The years past quickly, family grew
    midst trials and tribulation.

    We shared much laughter, shed some tears,
    our love like midday sun,
    Grew stronger, brighter as we strove
    to keep this bond as one.

    But we were certain to succeed
    as we could plainly see,
    A stronger one had joined our fight
    and strengthened us to keep integrity.

    The years have past, life's dusk is nigh
    as darkening shadows gather,
    With golden love we count our days
    and thank our heavenly Father.

    Jehovah carried us this far
    and some time in the future,
    He'll lift us up to live again
    in His shining new world order.

    By one of the many who love you both and have you in their prayers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Brother Baty,

    I'm so sorry that you are not feeling well. I just wanted you and sister Baty to know how much I care about both of you. Brother Baty, your example help's me to follow in your footsteps. Sister Baty, you always showed me a lot of love and support. Can I help do anything?
    LOVE,
    Your Brother

    ODELL JONES

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello to my dear brother and sister Baty I just wanted you to know that your are in my prayers and that I love you both very very much. My Jehovah give you both whatever you need to get through these challenging time. Tell my brother that I will never forget the love he showed to me in my times of need. Lots of hugs and kisses to you both.

    ReplyDelete