Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Another Sleepy Day

I had made arrangements to go door to door with invitations to our upcoming District Convention in Toledo. Bob came over to visit with My Sweetie for the morning. While I was gone, he took Don outside on the patio to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine and flowers. He tolerated about 35 minutes in the wheelchair and then asked to go back to bed.

I am so thankful to Bob for being such a good friend. Don loves the be out with his flowers and his birds. The birds keep the yard insect free and the bees love the nectar of the flowers. It was such a refreshing day after that oppressive heat and storm.

He continues to weaken but his blood pressure is stable and his heart is beating strong. It takes a lot to get a good man down. I've known he was a good man for many years....dating back to when he first asked me to go out. He complied to my requirements regarding drinking and religion.

His pain is currently controlled although he continues to sleep quite a lot. Better sleep than pain. I plan on doing the Bible reading out loud this afternoon in preparation for the meeting. He is not eating today so far but he is not vomiting either.

Keep us in your prayers.

Barb

5 comments:

  1. He is a Good Man...Alot of us in the family look up to him...It always makes me smile when people say I look like my Uncle Don cause i know what kind of man he is... A Man who put his family first...

    With Love
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Baty, We had soooo much fun with you today in the ministry. I had to share the kids thoughts with you. They noted and lingered on how strong you are and how much you love Jehovah. In the worst time of your life, you took time out of your day because you love Jehovah and want to help people. They will never forget your sterling example of keeping Jehovah first in your life and loving your neighbor. You selflessly gave time to help people who may or may not respond, and I promise you that is something Alexis and Zach will never forget. You are a pillar in the congregation and I thank you from the bottome of my heart for just being you...I love you sister!! Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Don and Barb. Give Don Hug from both Angie and Me. Love Phil & Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don, Barb & Family,
    When we did shepherding calls on the friends, both the Elders and M.S.'s, we sometimes used this scripture for encouragement.
    It certainly applies now to Don more then ever...
    "For God is not unrighteous so as to forget your work and the love you showed for his name, in that you ministered to the holy ones and continue ministering." Hebrews 6:10.
    The Promise of Paradise holds out stronger then ever.
    Love to you all,
    Ron Lardie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning to both of you! We hope you slept well in last night's lovely coolness and that this morning is a peaceful one for you! It's so wonderful that you were able to be out in the minsitry yesterday, what a great way to refresh yourself and take care of yourself too! It's so important for you to find little ways to care for yourself, Sis Baty, and Bro. Baty wants that for you, I know! We continue to keep you both and your whole extended family in our prayers. These days are precious and difficult and we well remember the strain of them from when we cared for Uncle John. All of our Love,
    Harvey, Amy and Kids xo

    ReplyDelete