Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Family Day

Because son David was home with his family, the weekend was filled with hugs and tears. Don enjoyed seeing Connor and Drew. He held on the Dave and Donna a long time. His smile was very evident. He gave them each a long, long hug. He slept a lot today but there was always someone in the family holding his hand or sitting by him. He ate very little and drank very little and is getting weaker. His excretion (urine) is brown. He was kept pain free. Thank goodness for Hospice.

His favorite nurse, Marie, was back again this morning. Anne and Don brought over food and the 3 youngest grandchildren, Elana, Drew and Connor, put on some funny plays. I especially liked the peanut butter sandwich skit. The three of them played nonstop. It was a joy to see. It warmed my heart to see the children and grandchildren all interacting and loving on each other and Dad. Sister Betty spent the night last night by Don's side. He used to stay by her side when she was sick as a child so she is returning the love. All three sisters were over today loving on him. We know the inevitable outcome of the illness and are so thankful for the resurrection hope. We talked about it often at the beginning of this ordeal. Keep us in your prayers. Love Barb

4 comments:

  1. I want to send a special thank you to my three siblings for this last weekend...it was a joy to be together..and especially to see the joy in mom and dad of having all of us together..life has dealt us some hard blows over the years..but I always know that in tough times we can stand together as one.. I love all three of you and am proud to be your "little sister"
    I love you all very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear brother & sister Baty again, just wanted to let you know again that I am thinking of you with heartfelt tears and prayers, knowing that you are treasuring each minute and moment. Time probably seems to stand still for you right now, so please just know that you are on the minds of so many. Your devotion & endurance is an encouragement to all of us, just another example of why our genuine hope is so amazing. Any loss is just temporary. Imagine our joy... Soon... Until then, we laugh & cry with you. And hold our breath waiting for when Jehovah fixes this all. Hugs & kisses, Anna & Madeline Nahas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi friend....keep kissing him and telling him how much we love him and we'll kiss and hug you soon!!! Jen...Ali & Zach

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with the whole family on Sunday......I was a JOY to be able to see us all together again. It has been WAY too many years 4 to be exact since we were all together in this way. I realized how wonderful of a family I have and I know that during this time of great sorrow family is what will get us through this. I felt like a little girl again when I was watching the kids (my cousins) act out drama skits. It was hilarious and was a nice CHANGE of PACE from the tears to be able to laugh. I love you all and feel so BLESSED to have the wonderful close knit family that we have.

    Hugs and Kisses ALWAYS,
    Larissa(Papa's Sweetheart)

    ReplyDelete