Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Friday, July 30, 2010

Sleepy Head

The little ones in the congregation used to call us Brother and Sister Baby...that is until they went to school and heard a little different sound. My sleepy baby had a good night's sleep as reported by his night nurse. He is still sleeping at 9:45 A.M.

I hold his hand and he seems know that I am there. He puckers up for me to kiss him. Does he pucker up for the nurses, I wonder?

His breathing is a little different today. He takes about 6 or 7 deep breaths then holds it for about ten seconds and then breaths normally for a little bit then repeats the cycle. Something new. The Doctor is visiting him today so I will get an updated assessment.

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We have so many reasons to love Jehovah and our dear friends and family. Barb

4 comments:

  1. Well hopefully we can perk him up a bit when we come visit today.....Give him a hug and kiss from me

    Love Always,
    Larissa/Papa's Sweetheart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning friend....your comments about him puckering up made me laugh. When we were with Brother Baty at Mt. Clemens General, one of the nurses came in and told him that he was lucky to have two pretty women in his room with him, and without missing a beat, he replied (with his very serious face on) "Life's too short to not be surrounded by beautiful women." We were all cracking up at his quick humor....so you'd better keep your eyes on him!! (HA!) Love ya sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi guys this is Ali!!!!
    i just wanted to say hi, tell you that i love you and what is new over here... i got my hair cut today... it's a little shorter that before... i know you'll like it!!! it's very sunny today... zach's outside cutting the grass... and im inside in the cool house... do i sound spoiled??? :) i have my dress rehersal tomorrow for the convention... mom said that she is going to record it so you guys can watch it!!! :) i love you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!! (wow!! that's alot of O's :) but you deserve them all!! i'll love you more than you'll ever know!
    love,
    Alexis xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brother and Sister Baty,
    My mom reminds me of what friends are sometimes, and she tells me a story about when I was young and sick. She always talks about how it was the middle of the night and we were in an ambulance and when we got to the hospital, she was scared and the next thing she knew, Brother and Sister Baty were right there. She says that Brother Baty is Grandpa's best friend and that Grandpa was in Florida when it happened, but when he called him, you both jumped in your car and rushed to the hospital to help my mom and dad. She even told me that when she was more scared than she has ever been that Brother Baty held her in his arms and she cried so hard and he just kept hold of her and praying. The whole Pfropper family even remembers him praying out loud and how loving he was. So I know that very soon, Brother Baty will be with me in Paradise and that he will be young like me and that's why age doesn't matter when it comes to who your friends are. Brother Baty, you are my friend, and even though I don't remember a lot about that day, I know that only a friend would be there for me like you were. I love you, Zach

    ReplyDelete