Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Today would have been our 54th Anniversary. I planned on going out in the door to door work with some of my friends and then Don's 3 sisters had invited me out to lunch. My sister Betty was invited also.

When we got to the restaurant, Ann Marie and Lara were there too. I found out that Anne Kimberly and Elana were coming. What a nice time we had. I was still given an Anniversary card by the sisters and a GIFT. What could they have gotten for me? Upon opening the gift I found a very personal gift: A statue for my yard with three little girls back to back mimicing see-no-evil, hear-no evil, speak-no-evil. I was told that it was a gift from my three little sisters.

When Don and I married, Betty was 15, Pat was 7 (our flower girl) and Bobbie was 3. I gained three younger sisters then. And great little sisters they were and are!!!! I was very teary eyed. They announced that "same date next year." What sweet gals.

I was not looking forward to my Anniversary date and they must have known that. They have been cooking this up for a while. After I arrived back home, my friend Peggy stopped by after work because she remembered it was my Anniversary Date. She just came over to hug me and let me know that she was thinking of me. I also received a "thinking of you" card from my Maid of Honor, Mary Ann. I am truly blessed, I know. I didn't know I cast so much bread on the waters.

Love you all,


Barb

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that your family and friends have been so thoughtful! What a nice way to show you they love you! I hope you all shared some wonderful memories and made new ones too.

    For years you were the only person beyond Mom, Dad and 2 sisters that acknowleged our anniversary. It was a joy to receive your card in the mail. You truly have cast bread on the waters Barbara and I am glad that you are receiving so much love and caring now.

    Love you,
    Laura (W)

    ReplyDelete