Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Monday, August 30, 2010

Moving Faster

I am truly starting to feel stronger and moving faster. My throat glands are going down and I am finished with my antibiotic. I went for a half hour walk in the neighborhood this morning and the air was sweet.

The counsel that I took home from my recent Convention in Toledo was to mourn but not to be sad overmuch. I am trying to live in today and to keep busy. I had such a good Christian marriage and a loving, though imperfect, sweetheart. I treasure so many memories of the good times that we shared. We had 12 years of retirement together. We took some nice trips, we ate at some nice places, we walked in some beautiful forests, along the banks of many rivers and streams, holding hands and smiling at each other. I was so blessed and am still so blessed. My family has been rock solid behind me and Don, assisting in every way possible. My friends were and are a loving support system. My God Jehovah has been the Rock that he promised. Who had or has a much as me? I dare not complain.

I went to my meeting yesterday. One of my former Bible studies, Alison Chambers, was in town for a family funeral and called for me to pick her up. She is now in Georgia telling about our great God Jehovah. She is a wonderful lady. Her husband is in a wheelchair or uses a walker so Alison must be a hard worker. She is!!!!It was nice to see her again. We may go out Tuesday together, talking to people about Jehovah. I would love that as she is a wonderful companion.

Well, I have to get a few groceries and run some errands and write some thank you cards so I had better get going or it will be noon. I have to make hay while the sun shines....and it is shining brightly today. All your prayers are helping me to move on with my life.

Thank you and I love you,

Barb

1 comment:

  1. Donna/Alex TavoularisAugust 31, 2010 at 10:37 AM

    Glad to hear you're feeling better! Can't wait to see you soon. We should be at your meeting October 17th :)
    Love,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete