Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Thursday, September 2, 2010

pioneering

For the last two days, I have been out in service to our God Jehovah. I have gone on three Bible studies, in the business territory, in the door to door work, in the return visit work and in the street work and I am tired but very happy. Jehovah is strengthening me tremendously. My friends have been very supportive and I have been using my Bible to strengthen others. What better use of my time? This afternoon, I have my personal study time and my meeting tonight, after I rest my tired body for about 1/1/2 hours. Tonight I have my meeting. I am mourning but not overly sad. So many things remind me of Don...like going out to serve our God Jehovah, our study times together to prepare for out meetings together. Life is not lonely, like Don is still walking with me though I know it is just a memory.... but a sweet memory. My heart is smiling through the tears.

Tomorrow, I have a full schedule for my day off. I will start with a walk if it is not raining. I will then keep an appointment to get new tires on my car to keep it safe for me to drive and for others to ride in. Don had already told me that I needed to get it done before winter....looking out for me yet. Then I will meet Anne and Colin and, perhaps Larissa, to pick up Colin's watch. He spent the money from Papa to buy a new Bulova watch. On the back, he had engraved one of the sayings that Papa said so often. I don't remember which one but I will see it tomorrow. Then in the afternoon, I have an appointment to get my hair cut. I guess Don's hair is still growing, too. I used to cut it but I cannot still do it. I will keep his barber set until I hear of someone else who can use it.

But it is still today, so I will go now and start my personal study period. That was also very important for Don and I. It keep us close to our God Jehovah, each other and tuned into God's thoughts and purposes.

Love you all,

Barb

2 comments:

  1. Donna/Alex TavoularisSeptember 2, 2010 at 9:40 PM

    You've been so busy! We've taken this week to get ready for the service year, but I can't wait for Monday to get back out in service and start pioneering! See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember the exact wording but it's something to the extent of "I have Socks older than you" which was papa's saying for sure.....I miss him so much.....I wear my locket almost everyday and I'm finally going tomorrow to get the pic put into it. I went through mom's pics and found a perfect one of papa and I. I was prolly about 14 in it or so. I am not coming tomorrow because I'm still diligently looking for a NEW job. I have 2 interviews next week that I'm super excited about. Also, Good news......Vaughn and I went to the mtg last Sunday together. Jehovah is blessing me in so many ways. I love you and I will talk to you soon.

    ~Larissa / Papa's Sweetheart

    ReplyDelete