Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Different Life

Some things are the same...like the flowers outside my window, my study materials, where I keep my toothbrush. But some things are so different...like when I eat, what I eat, how often I wash, My going to the gas station to get gas, even how I sleep. I sleep with my hand on his pillow. It comforts me somehow.

Don anticipated so many of my needs. I see his hand when I do so many things..like I cleaned the hall closet where I keep the medicines and the supplies like deodorant. I found an extra shaving creme, an extra deodorant and Don's Efferdent for his dental partial. My goal is to find out where all the things are. I will start in his office next week. I am planning on switching all my study material upstairs and to combine with his.

One thing that I did do today that I haven't done in ages. I played Tetra on the computer. Don did not want me to load it on the computer because it would slow down our computer, plus it is a time waster. I recognized both of these valid points. I circumvented them in this way. We now have high speed internet which Don had gotten about six months ago. Also, I have more time on my hands now. I seldom watch TV. The Tetra Game is on Facebook, one of my friends informed me. So I do not load up my computer.

My morning in service went well. I had some every heartening discussions with some very nice people. So,all in all, my days have been passing pleasantly and productively. I enjoyed that the weather was cooler.

Thank you for checking on me. Barb

5 comments:

  1. I like to play some computer games too. Glad you're having success in your field service. :)
    Love you much
    Laura (W)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sister Baty,

    I am still checking in on you! From reading your blog it sounds like you are coping very well. I know that not having Brother Baty around is a void in your life, but it sounds like you are pacing yourself and effectively coping.:)(smiles)

    Love you,

    Carol Lardie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Barb,
    I love and miss you very much. I wish I didn't live so far away. Its good to see that you are able to keep yourself (and your mind) busy. I know how hard that can be at times.

    Finding those little things can be the happiest and the hardest at the same time. I remember how he used to say, "Now Barbie..." when you set a gum wrapper down in the wrong spot or played an inconvenient card for him in Uno. I also remember the little spats he and Susie Rhodes would get into and how you and I would just sit there and laugh at them.
    I also remember how wonderfully he spoke of you. For example, when we were in service together and you were walking towards the car from a return visit, he softly said, "look at that beautiful classy woman!"
    He is now in Jehovah's perfect memory. The peace and comfort that Jehovah gives is indescribably amazing and he gives this abundantly. Tap into them constantly.

    You now have special feelings and understanding to certain people you meet in the ministry that many of us do not have. Jehovah will use this advantage to open doors of householders to you that may otherwise remain closed to us. May you continue to grow and be blessed in your ministry!

    I am just a phone call away, Darling. I will be visiting the area in a few weeks. I look forward to seeing you! Hugs and kisses, Jenny Brosky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, today, spence decided to take it upon his 5 year old self to clean my room while I was out and about. Similar to you, my goal is to reclean and discover where MY things are! Are they hidden? Have they been confiscated? Are they still in one piece? Sometimes I wonder what goes through his little brain; other times I DO NOT want to know.
    He also fell and bruised his arm. He said that he needed a "slug" to rest his arm in.
    See you later! Love, Jenny Brosky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you mean TETRIS? With the shapes? I love that game....I used to play it on my phone all the time. I need to show you some other games on FaceBook that you will like....I would like to come see you next week and visit....Just the 2 of us. I miss you terribly. I love you and I will be calling you prolly tomorrow.

    Love,
    Larissa / Papa's Sweetheart Forever =)

    ReplyDelete