Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Monday, July 19, 2010

Mom's notes

I have been touched deeply by the love of my extended family....especially Don Jr. and Tish,  grandchildren Brian, David and Jessica, sisters Betty and Pat and brother-in-law Ray and .......

I was especially touched by the nice things that son Don said about his dad and the love that is being displayed between Tish and him and in our behalf. I am not minimizing what the other members of the family have done, but these two were outstanding in organizing, implementing and removing all road blocks for me.

His sister Betty and I went to the Clinton Grove Cemetery today and bought the lots and made the arrangements...a difficult thing to do for both of us. Betty has loved him much longer than I have.

Don is having a good day today. He ate the best breakfast he has been able to since he went in the hospital so his appetite is improving. He continues to weaken daily and needs assistance to do even simple things. He sleeps a lot. Our wonderful nurse, Marie, is tireless is helping me care for my best friend. It touches me deeply to know that Jehovah sees our pain and hurt and is daily conforting and strengthening us.

6 comments:

  1. Dear brother and sister Baty, I have no words other than you are loved. Loved by Jehovah, family, and all of us. I remember every ounce of love and could feel the effects of every prayer that was said for Roman. I still do. Jehovah never lets our feet touch the ground when we can’t stand up by ourselves. Thank you for sharing the blog – it means so much to all of us. We love you very much… Little Madeline says “Don’t worry, Jehovah will fix it.” Until then… Love, Anna & Madeline Nahas

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are home, resting and hopefully catching up on your lost snuggle time. We miss you very much and I promise not to let Joel and his chain saw near your back yard again. lol I know how much you love your beautiful flowers, sorry the storm had to take-out that trumpet vine. Thanks for this blog. Please never forget how much we love you both. Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brother Baty,
    We surely do miss your smiling face and warm greeting before the meetings at the Kingdom Hall, as well as your wonderful sense of humor. We love you and want you to know that we think of you throughout the day and you are always in our prayers. Love, Mike and Sandy Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vernon & Lisa WatkinsJuly 22, 2010 at 2:26 PM

    Br Baty
    Barak Wyne emailed me about you going Hi-Tech with a Blog page so I am trying it out. This is my first Blog. Do you remember when you asked me when I was going start calling you Don. My reply was “I am not”. You will always be Br. Baty and Sister Baty. Why because of the kind of people you are, and we will always respect and love you for that. We pray that Jehovah continues to provide his Holy Spirit to comfort you and your family. Keep up the fight 2 COR 4:13,16.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't ask who amp is. My first Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bro & Sis Baty...Hello from Jon & Diane Wyne. Oh how we miss you both. It's hard for us to look over and not see you at the meetings...just not the same. But we know you're in good hands with your family. Thanks so much for the blog so we can know how you are both doing. Words can't express how much we love & miss you.

    ReplyDelete