Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Enduring Expressions of Love

Every morning that I wake up and open my shade, I see and feel Don's love...for me and for Jehovah's creation. It is like a big hug. This morning my eyes rested on yellow and red tulips, Monsella tulips (large yellow tulips with red stripes, blue lungwort, white paper daffodils with orange centers rimmed in red, golden daffodils that measure 5 1/2 inches across and full like a peony, his ice cream tulips that are just starting to open to show me their white scoop out of their pink cone, dianthus that are just starting to open in colors of red, pink, white and varigated. (This means mixed colors.) My eyes see the poppies getting bushier and ready to put up their pretty faces. Don's day lilies are also busy and soon I will see their faces. How can I be overly sad when My Sweetie presents me with flowers every morning? It is like and eternal hug. I can honestly say that I appreciated his love and efforts then and more so now. We shared many passions together, one of them for the beautiful flowers and to soil to work in.

I could go on and on because I have just scratched the surface although I am over half way through spring cleaning the yard. I worked about three hours on clean up detail yesterday and it was so beautiful. I remember our habit of working together every spring, cutting down the ornamental grasses and cultivating around the emerging babies. Stop by and get a hug from Don, too.

I had cataract surgery over the last two weeks and I can now see afar. I have always been nearsighted. Now I can count the bricks on the neighbor's house across the street. I must get a different hobby.

I checked on Don's headstone and it should be ready before July, I took a lot of time and prayer choosing the headstone. It is of pink granite cut into two hearts. The hearts are joined in the middle, overlapping a bit. On that overlapping space are two wedding rings intertwined, with our wedding date inscribed there. We are having a little ceremony and prayer that day. One of Don's best friends, Joel has agreed to do it for me. I intend to fix food so that we can spend the day together enjoying each others company.

Thank you so much for thinking of me as I think of you often. Thank you for the ongoing cards and expressions of love. I am a blessed woman and I know it. Luv U All, Barb

2 comments:

  1. Isn't spring lovely? The perfect time for renewal and fresh starts? The earth does it, so why not us too? I've thought of both of you often as I've looked at my own flowers coming up...not nearly as gorgeous as yours! It reminds me how I always teased your sweetie that I was going to hire him to landscape my yard since he had such a knack for it! I wish the spring flowers lasted longer, they are my favorite! Enjoy your morning surprises and the memories they bring back! Jehovah surprises us each day by filling even needs we didn't know we had! We love you!
    Amy and the gang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larissa Kakasenko (Papa's Sweetheart)June 1, 2011 at 7:27 PM

    I wanna see the ice cream tulips.....I remember papa showing them to me after he ordered them.....I'm saddened that he doesnt get to see them..... =(

    ReplyDelete