Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Friday, December 3, 2010

A Love Song

Last Thursday, some friends and I viewed two videos. The one was an uncut version of our 50th Anniversary Party taken by my sister, Betty Robinson. The other was a very well done DVD of the party with stills and music done by Asa Parker, Cindy (Cowell) Parker's son, as a gift to us.

How special both of them were. They showed the beauty of the night, along with many shots that are extra special now. Alice Horn was there with husband,Ransom (now deceased). Geri Humphreys was there with her husband, David (who is now also deceased). I got so many glimpses of that night but the sweetest one was Don and I dancing to our Love Song: Unclained Melody. His kiss during the dance warmed me.

For those of you who don't remember this song, it was recorded in the 50's by a singer named Al Hibbler. So many young couple fell in love listening to him sing in his warm, sweet voice. I wish I could get a copy of that version. An updated version was sung by The Righteous Brothers. I remember the lyrics well:

Oh, My Love, My Darling, I hunger for your touch
A long, lonely time
Time goes by so slowly and time can mean so much
Are you still mine?

I need your love, I need your love,
God speed your love to me.

Lonely rivers flow to the sea, to the sea,
Lonely rivers flow.....to.....the ....sea,
Lonely rivers say "Wait for me. Wait for me.
I'll be coming back, Wait.. for... me"

Yes, I know that We fell in love to that song because we were anxiously waiting to get married so that Don would no longer have to take me home at night. It was so hard to say Goodbye to him when we saw each other several times a week. I was still in school and he was working.

Now the melody and the words keep going around in my head. "I need your Love"
"God speed your Love to me" What a warmth passes over me when I reflect on those tender words, not so much sadness but a joy in what we had.

Because we studied the Bible for over 40 years, delving deeply into the Word of God and reflecting on His purposes and Intent and Promises, we both believed deeply that Don would come back to live on the earth in the restored Paradise under the Kingdom of God with Jesus ruling over the whole earth. This would vindicate Jehovah's name (reputation) and as His son, Jesus will restore Paradise. Don and I deeply believed that this the message of the Bible is true.

I need Don's love. None other will do. Jehovah in his love will have Jesus bring My Sweetie back to the cleaned-up earth into my arms. Jehovah God will "speed his love to me." Funny isn't it: We started our love with that song and it is that song that reflects my waiting attitude.

Oh, My Love, My Darling, I hunger for your touch.

Barb

1 comment:

  1. What dear sweet sentiments...I think u could of been a writer. As a younger single gal, I appreciate so deeply th fine example of love & commitment I personally witnessd from th two of you... Always such a gentleman...a moment that warms my heart looking back is seeing him reach out & hold yr arm 2 assist you up & down every single porch while out in th door to door preaching work. Makes me smile just thinking about it. I hope that it soothes some of your loss 2 know that little memories like these mean a lot to those of us that have th privilege of having them. And we will continue 2 b here for u to love u, encourage u, strengthen u & comfort u...just as th two of u hav always been there for those of us who hav needed th same. We will continue to work shoulder to shoulder...supporting one another until that one fine day when soon we will all get to see him again in this beautiful earthly paradise. Much love!

    ReplyDelete