Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway. Psalms 119:105

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Picking up parts of my life

It is as though my life was compiled of many little pieces put carefully into a large box. When Don died, it was as though someone tipped the box upside down and all routines became obsolete. I started by picking up the most important pieces first: my theocratic schedule. Meetings became a life line. Prayer came with much groaning. Service was numbing. I have gotten into the swing of things for the last month.I now have my own schedule: Mondays and Fridays are cleaning and housework days. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are service days. I meet the group of fellow Witnesses at 8 a.m. and start talking about my Great God Jehovah. It is only through Jehovah's undeserved kindness that I live, breathe and hope to see My Sweetie again. Many people perceive that Don is in heaven keeping other loved ones company. Somebody said "Tell Jokes". This was not at all our hope. According to Ecclesiates 9: 5 Don is not conscious of anything at all. It is Greek Mythology that incorporated into the Christian doctrine the immortality of the soul. It is a perpetuation of the lie Satan told to Eve "you will positively not die". But she and Adam did and so did my life's partner in crime.

The family pieces came next. My sister was calling every day as were Ann Marie and Teri. Teri was stopping over for lunch when she could. The family got together out at Aunt Pat's house in Meade today. It was nice to see the nieces and nephews and the new babies. As usual, Uncle Ray cooked smoked pork and it was delicious. Aunt Pat and Uncle Ray put a lot of love and effort into the gathering for the family. We were together so much while Don was dying that none of us wanted to lose the closeness again. Only missing ones: David's family in Colorado, Larissa and David Matthew, Don,Jr.'s son.

I have been sleeping better and getting more exercise. I have one closet put back together and intend to paint another one tomorrow. My flowers are still pretty although they have their fall legginess.

I am keeping the blog because so many people said they still check on me. Leave me a note about how you are doing, too.

Had a busy week last week with special visit by our traveling overseer in our congregation. Fun but busy. Love you all, Barb

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I didn't make it even for alittle bit today. I was just too sick. I didn't want to get everyone sick. I love and miss you so much. I am hoping I will feel better soon =)

    ~Papa's Sweetheart~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb you are an inspiration to us all. I am encouraged to work harder in my service to Jehovah and look forward to working with you soon. May Jehovah continue to strengthen and bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are settling into a new daily routine. It's also wonderful that your family is keeping close ties.
    Love you,
    Laura (W)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You overslept a meeting last month, and panick spread through the entire group at the meeting because everyone looks forward to seeing you and hearing from your wisdom. All my bible students want to know when "Mrs. Baty" is coming again. Alexis said the other day that you are so much fun to be around because you act so young!! Sometimes its hard to see all the good we are doing, so I'm here to remind you!! You are officially one of our pioneer partners and we can't wait to enjoy this service year with you and all the good time 2011's service year will bring too! love you more than you know!!!

    ReplyDelete